Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Real Forensic Science in Canberra
Wednesday, August 8, 2012 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
CSI vs Real Forensic Science
When: Wednesday 08 August
Time: 5.30pm - 7.00pm with light refreshments post event
Location: CSIRO Discovery Centre, Clunies Ross St, Acton ACT 2601
A woman is reported missing. Blood and other physical evidence has been found in her office. Has she met with foul play? A team of forensic scientists have been called to assist in the investigation of the case.
Come and hear a panel of Australia’s leading forensic experts work through this hypothetical scenario and discover how each of the specialist forensic scientists work together to examine evidence and solve crimes – classically it’s not quite as it appears on TV!
Discover hidden talents that even you may not have known you had – prizes for audience members who can answer various forensic related questions, including :
- What is Locard’s Exchange Principle?
- Who is considered the father of the science of fingerprints and why is this so?
- Sir Alec Jeffreys was the first forensic scientist to use what technique in forensic cases?
- Who was Calvin Goddard and what was his contribution to Forensic Science?
- What forensic techniques were used to determine that the Hitler diaries were fake?
THIS FREE EVENT HAS BEEN PROUDLY BROUGHT TO YOU BY: